Tuesday, July 21, 2015

MFT Summer School Lesson #10 Monochromatic

Hello everyone!  Today I have another card for My Favorite Things Summer School, this time for lesson 10 which is about using Monochromatic colors.




For my card I used shades of blue/green, or aqua/teal if you prefer.




I had so much fun making this one!  I used a couple of stencils from MFT to start, the split diagonal on the flag, and the stars in the background.  I used 2 inks on the stencils, Tumbled Glass and Peacock Feathers distress inks.  The flag is done with those 2 inks, I sponged on the Tumbled Glass first and then moved the stencil and sponged on the Peacock Feather.  The sentiment die is from MFT, as is the stitched fishtail flag banner.  The cupcake is from Papertrey Ink.  I used some glitter paper to make my card more festive, and the card base is Hawaiian Shores card stock from Papertrey ink.

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Diane! I think monochromatic can be a challenge so I really admire your card. Love all the small details--the subtle background, the repeated stripes and the festive glitter accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! I LOVE this monochromatic card. I really liked that you used the stencil with two different colors of Distress ink. It looks so lovely. The glitter accent makes that cup cake POP!!

    ReplyDelete