Sunday, August 16, 2015

August Mix it Up Challenge with Clearly Besotted

I squeezed in another card today, this time for the August Mix it Up challenge over at Ellen Hutson.  This month we're combining an Essentials by Ellen product with Clearly Besotted.  I LOVE Clearly Besotted stamps, particularly their lovely flower stamps.  I had actually colored the daffodil image a couple of months ago and had it sitting in my "to be used if possible" box (doesn't everyone have one of those, ha!) so in the interest of saving myself some time I decided now was the perfect time to use it!




I used watercolor for the daffodil (Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens).  The daffodil is from the Clearly Besotted stamp set Just Darling.  I layered up a few patterned papers and a doily and added the cute little clip from Paper Smooches.  The sentiment, which I embossed in gold on vellum, is from Essentials by Ellen Mondo Magnolia.  I used my tiny stapler to attach the sentiment to the card.

That's all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That is so beautiful! That flower is stunning and your layering is pure gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Diane--it is absolutely stunning! Your coloring of the daffodil is so gorgeous and the layers and the gold look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Diane. Love the crisp yellows and green with the touch of gold. I'm with Kay Pure Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete