Friday, August 28, 2015

Reverse Confetti Sketch #27

Howdy!  I have a card to share today for Reverse Confetti's August sketch challenge.  I haven't played along with RC in forever and wanted to show my RC stamps and dies a little love :)







I made this card with my son Connor in mind so I wanted to use a masculine theme and color scheme.  He does make me smile, big time, and I'm missing him so much since he left for college!  I used the You Make Me Smile stamp set along with the stars from Winning, and the tag and kraft label are also from RC.  The vellum stars and Scribble Circle behind the tag were cut with PTI dies.  To make my card I embossed the stars and word SMILE with white embossing powder on watercolor paper.  I used distress inks to add my colors, tapping them on my craft mat then spraying with water then rubbing the watercolor paper in the ink.  It's such an easy technique and I especially love the way it looks with bold, solid images such as the ones I used here.  I finished the card with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Super attractive with the RWB and Kraft colors with vellum! Perfect for a guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card for your son! The watercolors give such a wonderful casual look and I love the red, white & blue with kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he's going to love this Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on your WIN!! =) Such an AWESOME Card and I think your Son will LOVE it!! =) Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you!!! Congrats on this cool card being a winner.. no news there lol. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete