Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Essentials by Ellen November Pin-Sights Challenge

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all of my American friends!  I have a card to share with you today that I made for the current Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights Challenge.  The board for this challenge is stunning!






I love the rich, warm colors and wonderful texture in the photos!





In order to add lots of texture I used a Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities folder (Roman Romance) to emboss some white paper, then I used Broken China and Peacock Feathers distress inks and my ink blending tool to hit the raised areas with some color.  I stamped and clear embossed the word "hello" and fussy cut it, and the "have a beautiful day" sentiment is embossed in gold.  They're both from Mondo Magnolia.  I die cut the leaves from Wild Garden from shiny gold card stock.  I added the gold edge around the card using my Versamark ink pad and gold embossing powder.  I added a few splatters of Heidi Swapp gold spray, and a few gold sequins to finish it.  I'm "semi-pleased" with how this turned out, not completely as I'd envisioned it but not too shabby either ;)

Thanks for stopping by, have a beautiful day!!

3 comments:

  1. I'd say it's beautiful! I just love that mood board, and you've achieved that gorgeous texture with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This rocks :) love the way u have combined colors and textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The dry embossed piece is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete