Wednesday, January 20, 2016

You fog my spectacles

Hello there!  I have a super fun card for you today that I'm entering in a couple of challenges, the Paper Smooches January challenge to use 4 colors from the inspiration photo, and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, create with critters. 















This card was a blast to make!  I colored the cute dog from Paper Smooches Comforting Hugs using Copic markers.  For the glasses I used one of the dies from PS Glasses dies and die cut 3 of them from white card stock.  I colored one of the die cuts using distress inks (Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn, and Blueprint Sketch), and my ink blending tool.  I glued the 3 die cuts together to give the glasses more dimension and then I coated it with Glossy Accents.  After it was dry I decided to add the gems on the corners of the glasses, if I was doing it again I'd probably place them down in the wet Glossy Accents so they were embedded, I think that would look better.  One thing I love about this is that it looks like the dog is holding the glasses with his paws, so funny!  The sentiment is from PS Incognito stamp set.  There are so many FUN sentiments in that stamp set, I just love it!

That's all for now, thanks so much for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable and great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for our critter challenge this week, Diane, and I love that sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fantastic! I love the sentiment, stripey dimensional, oversized glasses on the the little critter

    ReplyDelete