Monday, February 15, 2016

Hello friend



I've really dropped the ball with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge, I had high hopes when it started that this time I would color for each of the 30 days.  HA!  Who was I kidding lol?!  It's not that coloring for 5 minutes a day is that difficult, but there's no way I can keep track of it by taking photos of my coloring and making sure I'm posting it either on social media or on my blog, that's too much pressure for this gal ;)  I do something at my craft table almost every day of the week, and most days that does involve some kind of coloring, so technically I guess I am playing along well enough.

Yesterday and today I was able to practice my Copic coloring and I'm really proud of the results I achieved.  I used a new stamp set from Concord & 9th, their Wildflower stamp set, and randomly stamped a bunch of the flowers and berries on some white paper.  I colored with my Copic markers and when I was finished I had no idea what I wanted to do with it.  Then I saw a picture someone had posted using the birds die from Concord & 9th and I thought they would be perfect with my floral background.




I added the sentiment which is from the Layers of Love stamp set, and my card was complete.  I do love how this turned out, as I've mentioned before I'm quite smitten with everything Concord & 9th has released to date and am having a smashing time playing with their products!

Have a wonderful day, thanks so much for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. Love this bright, beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diane, this turned out FABulous. Those blooms are magnificent and they make those sweet birds POP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What is not to love here. First your fabulous coloring. Caught my eye right away. Then those birds (must admit I didn't notice them at first!) And capturing it all with that frame was a great design move. Wonderful card, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those birds so much and your coloured background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally love this.. that background is amazing.. really makes the birds stand out

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, you have totally rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the whole posting things to every kind of social media forum there is. Too much work! Anyhoo, your floral background is gorgeous (your coloring is fabbo) and the white birds on a limb are a perfect contrast to the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this -- it's so sweet and pretty and wonderfully coloured!
    I'd convinced myself that I didn't need these bird dies.... but now you have me rethinking my decision....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The relief of those white birdies is really perfect against that bold blooming background! Gorgeously done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this! I have wanted these birds since they were released and am so happy that they now live at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, seriously, this is one amazing card!! Love, love your copic-colored background, Diane! Although it's subtle, I do like how you added the white frame to contain it all.

    ReplyDelete