Saturday, March 26, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #229

Hi!  Hope you're enjoying your weekend.  I played with a new stamp set today, Birdie Banners from Concord & 9th, and I'm entering my card at the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge.







I stamped the birds on hexagons (die from MFT), and colored with the solid image in the stamp set using distress inks (Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron and Salty Ocean).  I stamped and cut out the little party hats and placed them on the birds.  The dot border on the the left was made with a stamp from the set, as was the sentiment.  I love that a "from all of us" stamp is included in this set.

That's all from me today, I'll be back on Monday with a card for The Challenge!


7 comments:

  1. This is totally adorable! I love the little party hats! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I rarely reach for hexagons but they are such a great background shape as you've shown here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful take on the sketch! Love those sweet birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the charming little birds with their party hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hexagons are such a great shape behind those cute little birds. (I hadn't seen those birds yet and your cute card sent me right out shopping!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so clean and simple, and so, so adorable. I love the little details! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete