Thursday, July 14, 2016

CAS-ual Fridays July Release Day 5




Welcome back, friends!  Only 1 more day until the CAS-ual Friday Holiday Release is available for purchase, woohoo!!!  Today we have 2 festive stamp sets to share with you, Mistletoe & Holly and Holly Jolly Borders.








I just LOVE the sentiments in this stamp set!  I always listen to lots of Christmas music around the holidays, both contemporary and oldies, and this song is one that I can't get out of my head, "oh by gosh by golly, it's time for mistletoe and holly"!  My card is quite non-traditional, but I do love how it turned out.  I first stamped one of the borders from Holly Jolly Borders on an angle to make the background (I love that 2 of these stamps can be used for non-holiday cards!)  For the raised panel I stamped one of the borders using yellow ink and then die cut it with a circle die.  Notice that there's a panel with some pink peeking through behind that panel?  That's me fixing a boo boo!  I had first stamped a panel all in pink, but didn't like it because I thought I needed some additional color on my card.  But I had already put foam tape on the back of the pink panel and didn't want to waste it.  So I stamped the yellow panel and die cut the circle, but didn't get it lined up perfectly.  There was just a tiny bit of pink showing through, so I ended up staggering the 2 panels and letting the pink border show through.  Honestly it ended up looking much better that way.  Funny how things work out like that sometimes lol!  I stamped the mistletoe sentiment on my card, and the by golly sentiment on black card stock and embossed in white.  I ended up fussy cutting the embossed sentiment and separating it into 2 pieces to make it work better with my design.

Be sure to visit the CAS-ual Friday blog and leave a comment, there will be a $15.00 gift certificate to the CAS-ual Friday store awarded to 3 commenters!  Hope to see you back here tomorrow, I'll have more wonderful cards to share!





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the diagonal border on the background, and the pink peeking out of the circle is awesome detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is so festive! Gorgeus!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did the stamping on the
    diagonal.
    Love it.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet card with great sentiments! Good work Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Diane. I like how you cut out the center so more of the background shows ;) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pretty card; pretty colors and love the pink & yellow against black. Really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pretty mistletoe stamp! Fun card with a great background and sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Diane! These two sets create such wonderful holiday designs. I agree, the sentiments are fabulous and those borders are so cool!

    ReplyDelete