Monday, October 24, 2016

Happy Holidays!

Greetings, sweet friends!  Today I have a card to share that I made for the current Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge using Scenery: It's a Wonderful Pennant!





I really enjoyed making this card!  I started with a piece of patterned paper from PinkFresh Studio's Felicity collection.  You can't really see it very well on my card, but I used some white gesso behind the trees on the patterned paper to tone it down (originally I was only going to use 1 tree on my design which would have left a lot more of the background showing).  I also used Mini Scenery: Multigrain to stamp some light grey ink over the gesso.  The wreath was cut using In Bloom: Paulina's Greenery Cutaways.  I stamped the large, outline triangle from Scenery: It's a Wonderful Pennant on the peach bird paper 3 times and cut them out.  I stamped the tree stem grey card stock.  The sentiment is from Merry & Bright with Evelin T. Designs.  I added a small bakers twine bow to the center tree, and some small white sequins to the wreath to finish the card.  I love making Christmas cards using non traditional colors, how about you?

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

  1. What a totally cute and awesome card! I love the colors and those pretty trees! Thanks for stopping by my blog today - I assumed you'd given up blogging with no more posts from peaceful lane! LOL Sorry, I'm not on instagram - I don't do smart phones as the technology goes way over my head. I'm from the generation that still uses dumb phones :) Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... so totally LOVE your non-traditional Christmas card. LOVE the colors, wreath and tress, Diane! The background paper is also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhhh!!!! This is gorgeous!! What a wonderful card!! Awesome!! Totally inspires me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card! Those patterned papers are wonderful and I love the colors! Everything goes together so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane, what a gorgeous arrangement and beautiful color choices!

    ReplyDelete