Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reverse Confetti Crazy For Christmas - Treat Tubes

Hello, friends!  Today is the first day of the REVERSE CONFETTI Crazy For Christmas holiday event, and today we're sharing creative ideas using TREAT TUBES!




I have to tell you, I had so much FUN coming up with ideas for the wonderful TREAT TUBE TOPPER Confetti Cuts!  I went to my local dollar store and office supply store, and walked the aisles, and came up with literally dozens of ideas for filling the tubes.  Here's a list of just a few ideas, I suggest you take a tube with you when you go to shop so you can be sure the items you're looking at will fit.

Small pair of gloves
Christmas socks
Tiny toys
Candy
Cookies (stack round cookies in the tube)
Nuts or trail mixes
Dog or cat treats
Small pet toys
Craft supplies
Office supplies
Votive candles
Small ornaments
Lip Gloss
Hair bands
Mini flashlight 


I made 3 tubes to share with you today, using a variety of fun fillers!




Part of what's so fun making these tubes is thinking of how to decorate your tags.  I filled my first tube with some heart shaped dog treats, so of course I had to use the adorable dog stamp sets from Reverse Confetti!




I colored the dogs from PAW PRINTS and PUPPY LOVE using Zig Clean Color watercolor markers, and die cut them using PAW PRINTS Confetti Cuts and PUPPY LOVE Confetti Cuts.  Of course I had to add the Santa hat from JOLLY HOLIDAY to my pup :)  I spliced together the sentiment using "merry christmas" from JOLLY HOLIDAY and "woof" from PUPPY LOVE.  If I had to do this over again I think I would make the sentiment say "Merry Woofmas" instead of "Merry Christwoof", ha ha.  At any rate, I think it's awfully cute!  For the rest of the tag I used TOPPED OFF TAG Confetti Cuts, DOTS TAG LAYER Confetti Cuts, and HANG UPS TOO Confetti Cuts, which I die cut from the striped paper from VERY MERRY 6X6 Paper Pad.  I used BRICK Card Stock and TREAT TUBE TOPPER Confetti Cuts to make the topper.  It would be fun to bake your own dog treats to fill these tubes, but since I'm not much of a baker I bought a bag of Newman's Own Premium Dog Treats.  I just love the cute heart shape of these treats!





For this next tube I did some stamping on candles.  I bought these small white votive candles at the dollar store.  I used BLOOMS 'N BUDS to stamp on tissue paper, and then I added the tissue paper to the candles.  If you've never done this before, it's VERY easy.  Here's a link to a wonderful TUTORIAL at Splitcoaststampers.  I used BRICK Dye Ink and AVOCADO Dye Ink to stamp the tissue paper, as well as the tag.  To make the tag I stamped the sentiment from CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS on CLOUD WHITE Card Stock, then I used SO STRIPEY to stamp above and below the sentiment.  Next I die cut the sentiment using LACY SCALLOP CIRCLES Confetti Cuts.  I die cut a piece of AVOCADO Card Stock using CIRCLES 'N SCALLOPS Confetti Cuts and placed it behind the sentiment.  I added a flower (the same one I used on the candles), and a couple of leaves from BLOOMS 'N BUDS, diecutting them with BLOOMS 'N BUDS Confetti Cuts.  I tied the tag to the tube topper using gold twine.





I filled my last tube with some Paper Mate Mini Ballpoint Pens with colored ink.  I found that most regular size pens are a bit too tall for these tubes, but the mini pens fit perfectly!  For my tag I stamped and colored the worm from WORM WISHES with various Zig Clean Color watercolor pens, using the same colors as the pens inside the tube.  I die cut the worm using WORM WISHES Confetti Cuts.  I used TALL TAG TRIO Confetti Cuts to cut one tag from CLOUD WHITE Card Stock and one from VERY MERRY 6X6 Paper Pad.  I stamped the sentiment from WORM WISHES using various inks.  The topper was cut from LIME GREEN Card Stock using the TREAT TUBE TOPPER Confetti Cuts, and I tied it onto the tube using some red ribbon and twine.


So there you have it!  What kinds of things would you fill your treat tubes with?  Be sure to hop along for lots more wonderful, creative ideas from the Confetti Crew!










8 comments:

  1. All of these are si clever....especially the animal one! I have filled some containers with gumballs but I will definitely have to do the pet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas, love the puppy tube!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dog treat idea and the pens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are all so much fun Diane! Love the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We received news that my husband's sister passed away last Wednesday (hearts hurting; a celebration of her life taking place this coming weekend, so we'll be traveling west), so apologies for being MIA of late. Your treat tubes, however, have gone miles in lifting my spirits! Clever and ever so much fun! Love the shopping tips, too!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable treat tubes! Love all your fun ideas for fillers, and your matching tags just put the biggest smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, are those darling or what! Such fun creations Diane!!

    ReplyDelete